Couture ME <3




Photobucket

♥ K a r i n a ♥
Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I used to think that Proms are supposed to be the night when everyone gets the opportunity to dress up/ to impress/ to look great/to enjoy a date with that special someone/to enjoy good food/to enjoy good music/ OH YEAH! and that romantic dance (I used to like the idea of dancing with Celine Dion's: Because You love me. Oh gosh how cheesy is that?0_0 Mind you. That was then.


Well, I guess it's just what happens in films. Chick flicks are supposed to makes things looks good. I had a perfect first prom during my high school period. Everything went on so well. I guess that was just how I felt at that moment. Come to think of it, I was only 17. How much would I know. moreover, it was my first prom after consuming countless of chick flicks. College's prom sucks bad but the fact that I got to know so many people while preparing the performances was great. I have never gone for any of the prom here in Monash to judge any of it.

This year's theme would be: Mardi Grass. Girls are supposed to turn up with colorful dresses and the guys are supposed to turn up looking like a hunk in a suit. I let slip of the chance of going last year due to some foolish reason.

Bought two early bird tickets last Friday considering the fact that it was the last day of early birds. Had a chance of plan. Instead of going with just one person, I am going with one whole table of people. Now who said that going without a date was a no-no? I guess everyone could enjoy the same.


The thing that kept me busy was the Beijing Olympic games. I do now cherish the television or RTM a lot. How pathetic could I be having no TV to watch during the games. haha I actually google-d on how do I stream live sporting events online. Thanks to the very kind Alex, I managed to watch the games with ease. Sopcast and TVants rules. Funny that I watched the first half of the opening ceremony in some weird foreign language. Managed to find the English version after that though. How spectacular the ceremony was! The fantastic performances, the music, the atmosphere, and how everything was brought together was just fantastic. Being a huge sports fan, I enjoyed the parade most at every opening ceremony. The pride and spirit of everyone citizens of every country is there.

Good that our badminton team live up to expectations. They are all faring well considering the fact that almost all of them managed to secure a spot at the quarter finals tomorrow. *Jumps in joy. Our archery team did pretty well too as one of them managed to get into the top five ranking out of 64 archers.
Hope for the best. May this be a golden opportunity for an Olympic gold. Alright, I'll post our more pictures the next time. Till then, have a great week everyone:)

~KaRiNa~♥ Hot couture @ 8:15 PM

Comments: Post a Comment